It is very important to back up your blog daily. However, naturally, you have to face up many difficulties to finish this wasting time and bored tasks. So you should use a more convenient solution. That is what you will find out in this article.
In my opinion, we should back up both database and data files. Both are important but some bloggers said they did not save their data files due to some drawback during operating, particularly it costs their time everyday. I think if you are a really serious and careful blogger, there is no reason to prevent you from saving your worthy baby daily.
In my case, I am living on two solutions to back up my database and WordPress data files. One of them I have always trusted in is wp Time Machine. This plugin allows you to back up your both database and data files (such as picture, media file etc…) and store them on offshore reliable hosting service such as Amazon S3 or Dropbox.
You are also able to archive your data on FTP. However wpTime Machine has a big disadvantage. You can only back up your data manually. I have to regularly request a backup task each few days. Though wp Time Machine works very well, I think it is much better if we have an automatic way to do it.
We can not predict the future but we can always prepare for it. What will you do, if in a bad way, when your hosting got breach and all of your precious data has been out of your control? I think almost bloggers have ever thought about that matter more than one time.
The ideal solution for this problem is a perfect automatic backup solution, also a reliable storage address. In this case, both Dropbox and Amazon S3 are great are really worth to give them our trust. However, Dropbox is better since it is completely free of charge, of course, you can use more than 2 GB if you are ready to pay a little sum each month.
A small tip: You can use more than one Dropbox account and one for backup demand. Besides that, you can earn more space by inviting your relatives use Dropbox.
How to back up data to Dropbox automatically.
It is very easy to set up this task. Dropbox is always open up and you need to use your login information to get started.
1. Download WordPress backup to Dropbox plugin here.
2. Install and activate the plugin. It is easy as ever.
3. Authorize: You need to authorize your Dropbox information before configuration. Granted access the plugin.
- Locally store backup in this folder (let it default).
- Store backup in this folder within Dropbox: Use the folder you create inside Dropbox account.
- Day and Time: I choose daily.
- Frequency: I choose daily as well.
That is all. Each backup will include both database and WordPress data.
You might also like:
- 10 Handy Tips to Improve DropBox Experiences (part 1)
- Grab Free one Year Amazon S3 and How to Turn it Into an Efficient and Reliable Backup Solution 
- 10 Useful Dropbox Tips to Improve Your Experience (part 2)
- Backup Online With Free 5GB from Amazon Cloud Drive and Stream Media via Amazon Cloud Player
- 2 Ways to Register a Google Adsense Account