There have been a number of tutorials, tools, apps and online services that are specially created on the purpose of helping you learn English or any foreign languages effectively and more conveniently. As you see in the title of this post, I want to mention you a simple way that will surely boost your learning process, particularly in widening your vocabulary: taking note ubiquitously, even on the go with EverNote. The idea is not pretty news though, I think it is really worth to try in case you are really a nettizen. It is not easy to conclude whether this learning methodology or that one, are effective or not. But excepting taking advantage all available methodologies, acquiring successfully a second language in general and English in particular needs lots of other factors such as effort, time and proper strategy. In my opinion, at the moment, since Internet access has become more popular and cheaper, you can easily use this huge resource to gain a fluent language faster. Although online learning is definitely no longer a new term, how to use it affordably and more effectively is still an unanswerable question. In addition to that, as a regular Internet user, you are being flooded by lots of unarranged information; various unconfirmed learning methods and a number of ineffective learning software.
Learning English with tech stuffs is being more prominent than ever
Let me go to the main purpose of this post. I think you may wonder how a simple learning way I mentioned above and what exactly EverNote is. So let me go through more details right here. I think taking note is the most critical skill for those who are learning a foreign language as it can help you write down instantaneously any new vocabulary, expression or idiom. You can then check, re-observe, re-read them easily for the sake of remembering. So far, we often use a tiny notebook with the help of a pen or pencil to take note and learn new vocabulary. It is simple, easy and still workable today but we all know, it is far to reach what benefits some regular online taking note services, and in this case, EverNote offers.
5 things EverNote will help you learn English more effectively
EverNote is currently considered the leading taking note service with many advanced features, although there is variety of high-profile contestants on the Internet such as Google Note or Zoho. Its interface is simple but elegant enough which is pretty suitable for taking note purpose: Here are at least 5 things Evernote can help you during learning English process.
1. Evernote can save any new vocabulary, idiom, proverb or a nice expression anywhere. You can reach EverNote via a Wi-Fi or 3G on your laptop or more convenient, use an app on your smartphone or tablet to taking note new language points.
2. Your study materials are arranged logically that will make sure you benefit from it. For example, you can choose to create a category notebook, then subcategory and fill the coming notes into them properly. In my case, I have created 3 notebooks (or category): Blogging, English Learning and Starblogger. You can use tags to help you identify and search the items more effectively. If you want to learn English with this webapp, I think you can create some notebooks such as Vocabulary and Expression, Language Points, Wring Skills, Reading Material and even Learning Resource etc…
3. If you want to learn with a group, you can use Premium package for less than $50 a year. There will be more advanced features and thanks to them, you can interact with your friends and learn English more fancy and effectively. For example, since Evernote Premium will allow you collaborate with your peers, you can easily edit any essay written by your friends and vice versa.
4. Taking note your teachers’ lesson on the blackboard with a photo. If you use Evernote on a smartphone (It supports almost platform such as iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone…), you can take a snap what your teachers have written on the board. The photos will be the replacement of your regular notebooks.
5. In some cases such as your teachers speak so fast that probably won’t help you learn listening and speaking skills as you expect, or you want to imitate your teachers’ tone, just you audio recording feature in Evernote on your smartphone such as iPhone, iPad or Blackberry. Go home and you are always able to turn on your teachers ‘lesson for studying.
Have you ever tried to learn English or any foreign language with EverNote? Or you have some suggestion and advice to state, feel free to share with my readers in the comment field below.
You might also like: