Few weeks back, I have ever written about TeamView, a renowned application to remotely control PC and so far this tool has become the first choice among other desktop utilities in the same category. TeamView also releases versions for range of mobile devices. I sometimes use this awesome but free tool to fix my friends’ computers and honestly I am really happy with it. There is a disadvantage point however. To use it, both your computer and your friends’ ones need to install TeamView. For those who have not much experience or not familiar with, TeamView is still a math at the beginning.
Have you ever thought about a better and more convenient solution for controlling computer from the remote distance? Stop doing it since you have already had now: Chrome Remote Desktop extension!
You may be surprised with the name I mentioned in the above paragraph. Yeah, that is not a true software but an extension for Chrome browser! Now you can control PC remote within a browser.
I think with the presence of this extension, perhaps in the time to come, the long-awaited cloud – based operating system Chrome OS will be opened up for large community. It looks like that Chrome OS ‘s capacities are really worth to see.
Remote Control PC across platforms with Chrome Remote Desktop extension
As Google announced, Chrome Remote Desktop extension will implement Chrome browser with an amazing feature. Unlike other controlling remote solutions, using this extension, you will no longer worry about unwanted incompatible or unsupported problems, even you are using Linux or Mac or an old computer running Windows. As long as you can install Chrome, controlling remote will be hassle-free for experts and low-tech ones as well.
In my point of view, it can be said that controlling remote via a browser is definitely more convenient than traditional softwares and services. Imagining that you can easily remotely control your girlfriend ‘s tablet or netbook while she is on the go.
This afternoon, I flocked to Google Chrome Store to look for more detailed about this extension and found that this implement is still in the BETA phrase. Perhaps Google want to seduce more users to their Chromebook and Chrome OS since this extension can prove the core chrome remoting technology.
Steps To Use Chrome Remote Desktop Extension
1. Both the “controller” computer and the client one need to install Chrome browser. Then, just install Chrome remote desktop extension like other extension. Get it here (19.1 MB) Remember that you need to log into your Google account before installing.
2. After this big extension has been installed on your browser, there will be a message announcing you that you need to authorize the extension and grant access right for this extension. Just click on the “Allow access”.
3. In the next step, there are two options for you: Share This Computer and Access to a shared computer.
In case you want to share your computer with others, just hit Share This computer and you will be given a unique code that will be the identity of your PC. Give the code with those who want to control your computer remotely.
To access other computer, choose Access to a shared computer. You need to have the one time verification code to gain the access to a client computer. You can easily disconnect this remote computer with only one click.
You might also like:
- Cut Internet Access Fee and Increase Internet Speed with Chrome Lite
- 9 Must-Have Chrome Extensions Enhance Your Google Plus Experience
- Teamviewer For Android Remote Control from Android More Easily
- Tips To Control GPU Acceleration On IE, Chrome and Firefox
- How to Play Katamari Within Chrome- Demolish Any Website Now!