Kaspersky is always one of the best security application suites since the day I knew computer and threats from malware. Since 2007, I used to Kaspersky to protect my online activities from being hijack, stealing confidential information and so on. Recently, this renowned vendor has released its newest products: the 2012 version of Kaspersky. Here I want to do a brief review of this awesome product and bring you a small tips regarding activation this application using a key file instead of activation code.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 as well is still in beta phrase but from now onwards, you can start using this application with new interface and a range of new useful features in which are Windows Sidebar gadget, Task manager. However, in general, KIS 2012 has the same core features in the previous one such as Scan, Virtual Keyboard, Application Activity, Safe Run for Applications, Network Monitor, Digital Identity Protection, Parental Control, Safe Run for Applications Websites.
I have tried to test span of scanning time on KIS 2012 beta. The result is definitely better than KIS 2011. It takes 34 minutes to scan a hard disk 47 GB (26.5 GB in usage) and takes 75.7 MB of RAM.
How to activate Kaspersky 2012 via license key
One of the best news for you is that Kaspersky Labs allows you to register 3 months trial subscription freely. However, like 2010 version, Kaspersky Labs doesn’t allow you to activate the Kaspersky 2012 via license key file. In case you do not remember the activation code, just follow the simple steps to activate Kaspersky 2012 license.
1. Turn of your Internet Connection (In the below right connect, click on the Network icon and choose Disable or Access Start à Setting à Control Panel à Network Connection, then Disable Internet access).
2. On Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 Beta, click on“Insert your activation code here” one the right corner. Then click on Activate the application button.
3. Check on Activate commercial version box, then fill up with any number on the Enter activation code field (such as 1231234567, for example:-P). Click on Next.
4. Waiting for few seconds. You will get a notification that informs you don’t have an Internet connection “Internet connection is missing”. Then, you just need to click on Browse in the Key file field and browse the key on your hard disk to activate Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 Beta.
5. Enable your Internet Connection. Update KIS 2012 beta data and scan your computer now.
Note: If you have already activated the trial key (90 days), then click on the red X symbol next to License number to remove the old license.
You can download KIS 2012 beta here:
Access this page to get newest KIS update.
(Image: Credit Go.vn)