As you may have known, currently it is easy to root Nook Color. Though rooting can probably harm your warranty right, it will surely turn your e-reader into an actual, cheap but powerful tablet. You can easily find out various detailed guides to root Nook Color on the Internet. Perhaps I will be back to this topic in another article.
Here in this post, I aim to introduce you a very useful tip to skip/bypass registration process the Nook Color with B&N. Why I claim “useful” when you need to register your device with the maker to purchase book? Simply, if you are familiar with root and factory reset, you will see that sometimes you have to re-register the device with B&N but can’t. In these cases, just skip registration to get started with Nook Color.
Assuming that you are a new member in the Nook family. Please note that registration Nook Color with B&N is not compulsory but a recommendation. It allows you to get many free books or purchase the stuffs on B&N market including books and apps. How about if it is not registered? It will work as normal with only some limits.
There are two cases you have to register the device with the maker. Firstly, as normal, after unsealing the box and initially touch the screen of the device, you need to have a Wi-Fi connection to register it with B&N. Besides that, when your rooted device gets trouble, you will have to “unroot” it by getting the factory reset (original option) and as a fresh device, you will need to register it again.
Here are 2 most common cases people often meet when they are not able to register Nook Color: You are connecting to an encrypted Wi-Fi signal or you have just reset the device to factory setting and it somehow are not able to register again. Solution? Just skip Skip Oobe (out-of-box experience).
How To Skip Registration Nook Color
1. When the Nook Color is powering on, you will see the girl with “Play Video” and “Skip Video” buttons. Press Volume + button to see the speaker image. Then press and hold and press N button (Home) until you see all the speaker with volume level.
2. Press the Power button while holding the other above buttons. Just press around 1-2 seconds then release it. The screen will turn off and then on. Now, you will release the two buttons above (volume + and N).
3. Tap the lower left of the screen and then retap the lower right. There will be a “Factory” button that appears in the lower left corner. Just tap it to see the Factory screen.
4. Repeat steps 1-2 again when you see the Factory screen. It will turn off and on for a second.
5. Tap the lower right corner. You will then see the “Skip Oobe” button that appears next to “Power off” button. Just touch it to bypass B&N registration process.
The Nook Color will then be already to server you. If you think that these steps above are two complicated, I recommend you another simpler way here. This Wiki style article also introduces you how to re-register/perform factory reset the Nook Color. It may somehow benefit you than expected.
You might also like: